How to become a member ?
All candidate members should send a one page CV to the Secretary General. Candidacies will be approved by the Executive Committee.
- Full member: every neurologist can apply.
- Associate member: physician with another specialism or other individuals interested in clinical neurology or neurosciences.
- Honorary member every retired full member can become an honorary member.
- RRFS members: MD or MSc currently working as residents in Neurology, research fellows, PhD students or neurologists with no more than 3 years of practice after completion of the residence training. When the conditions for being BNS-RRFS are no longer applicable, the neurologist can become an ordinary full member.
Membership benefits :
Subscription to Acta Neurologica Belgica is included.
Members of the BNS will also automatically become an associate individual member of the EAN, with the following benefits:
- Free access to the online learning platform eBrain, eBook - “Manual of the Neurological Examination for Neurologists in Training”, and the European Journal of Neurology.
- Reduced fee at EAN congresses.
- The opportunity to apply for educational grants.
- Free access to the Journal of Neurology, by the following procedure: Go to “MY EAN” in the right upper corner and click on Forgot Password on the EAN Website www.ean.org. A new page shows up. Insert the email address used for our society, and you will receive the new password that links to your membership account. Please do not create a new account. Once logged-in, you can click on the upper menu Eur J Neurol, and go to the issue you like.
2018 membership fees :
- Full member: 175 EUR
- Associate member: 100 EUR
- RRFS member: 50 EUR
How to become a sponsor
Companies interested in sponsoring our Society: Sponsoring is organized through our treasurer. We have four unrestricted sponsorship levels (annual fee): Platinum (10.000 euro), Gold (5.000 euro), Silver (3.500 euro) and Bronze (2.000 euro). The level of sponsorship will be visible on our website. Sponsoring covers a period of 12 months starting from the day the sponsoring is obtained.
- Platinum : logo on the BNS website with a connection to the/a company website and a booth at the 2 annual meetings of the BNS. There is also a possibility for an independent satellite meeting, coupled to one of the annual meetings.
- Gold : logo on the BNS website and the possibility to have a booth at the 2 annual meetings of the BNS.
- Silver : logo on the BNS website and the possibility to have a booth at one of the annual meetings of the BNS.
- Bronze : have a booth at one of the annual meetings of the BNS.
Information & Contact
If you would like te receive more information, please feel free to contact us at:
University of Antwerp
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Reference Center for Biological Markers of Dementia (BIODEM)
Campus Drie Eiken - Room D.T.657
Universiteitsplein 1 - 2610 Wilrijk – Belgium
Tel. : 03 265 91 45
You can also send us a message using our contact form :